Full-time Missionary

Missionary in the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from August 2015 to August 2017

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Six Days Into the MTC...

September 1, 2015


Well, Its been 6 Days here at the MTC and So far I love it. There is no better feeling than being able to feel the spirit from the second you wake up till the second I go to sleep. First Impressions about the MTC... Do not eat the eggs or drink the OJ and you'll be fine. In all honesty the food here isn't as good as I was told but then again preparing three meals a day for thousands of young adults doesn't sound too easy, so I'm grateful for what I get. At least the chocolate milk is good.

Every morning begins with District study before breakfast. Usually our district leader Elder Cunningham has someone give a spiritual thought, after which we go into discussion about what we've been learning. Being able to hear the testimonies of 8 other missionaries every morning is such an amazing way to start the day. 

After breakfast we have three hours of class, followed by lunch, then three more hours of class.
By the end of classes I'm getting pretty tired but the Holy Ghost tends to keep me interested. It seems that every time we teach an investigator I come up with a new question about how to teach, and then it is instantly answered the next day in class.

Last night We got to sit down and watch a lesson by David Bednar on the Character of Christ, given a few years ago on Christmas in the MTC. I must say that it completely changed my outlook of my mission. As Christ was being taken to be crucified, Peter cut off the ear of the man taking him to his death. Even with all the bad that man was doing to Christ, Christ Healed him. As Christ was dying on the cross, under immense pain, He was giving his apostles instructions to care for his mother. He was asking God to forgive the men that put him there, for they know not what they do. I know that throughout not only the remainder of my mission but for the remainder of my existence that if I can follow the example of Christ and always 'Turn my efforts outward towards others' I will find unimaginable joy and happiness while bringing others the same.

I have one more week before I take the long, rough journey to the Salt Lake City South mission, and while I can't wait to get out into the field I will definitely miss the MTC.

Love you all!

-Elder Ray
Elder Ravsten and Elder Ray, MTC Companions

MTC District


Elder Igleski and his Companion with Elder Ray & Elder Ravsten


Elder Woodard and Elder Ray at the MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment