Full-time Missionary

Missionary in the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from August 2015 to August 2017

Monday, August 31, 2015

First Letter from the MTC!

August 27th, 2015

Well it is already 5 minutes until lights out, which just shows how busy the days here are.  There is so much to do and so little time to do it.  I have so much I want to say... And I think a very important thing is that I am happy.  From the second I wake up till the second I go to sleep I feel nothing but the spirit, the love of those in my district, and the love of Christ.  This is possibly the happiest and most peaceful I have felt in a long time with the exception of being in the temple.  But, the feeling is very similar.

Mom, I miss you (and your food.)  The food here is pretty bad... I ate a piece of meat that tasted like rubber.  I did have a few good boiled eggs tho.  And the chocolate milk Rocks.

So far it has been classes all day, but I think tomorrow we (me and Elder Ravsten) get an investigator to teach.  I am super excited (and nervous) for that. After today Elder Ravsten's testimony hit me and now I have more love for him.  Dealing with companions might sometimes be a trial for me but I know if I can realize they are Sons of God, I will love them.

I honestly have so much on my mind that I do not know what to talk about.  I miss you all so much, but oddly enough I am not homesick.  Maybe partially because I do not have enough time to think about home.  The one thing I cannot get off my mind is as I was leaving I did a pretty good job of keeping my tears from rolling down my face.  As I walked thru the gate I heard Matthew start to cry. That was the point I actually cried.  I miss you Matt!

Have you heard of DearElder.com?  It's free while I'm in the MTC... So use it! :)  But hand written letters Rock too...

Please send the info on my address card to everyone on the email list, as well as info about DearElder.com.

Jeez I wish I could just call you guys.  I miss & love you all. Love you Mom.

- Elder Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment