Full-time Missionary

Missionary in the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from August 2015 to August 2017

Wednesday, August 24, 2016


August 22, 2016

Four more days till I hit that half way point. Wacky. This week was even better than last. As we have sought to work with all our heart, might, mind, and strength the Lord has blessed us greatly with Sheaves upon our backs.

Monday we had to take the car back to the mission office and the whole staff seemed to know my family since they came up last week and had to pick up a bike I needed to send home. So that was cool. Transfers went smooth considering we didn't have to go anywhere haha. That night we had dinner with C. and G. and their mom S., had some
authentic Chinese food! It was funny, the whole time S. was asking us if it was too hot... I couldn't notice it at all. Helps to grow up on Mexican food! Then we taught a lesson to a less active fam. 

Tuesday morning we helped elder Alfonso and Sandino with transfers to make sure they weren't ever left alone, they both got transferred out. Later in the day we met with the new zone leaders, then had Nielson's Frozen Custard for lunch. So good. That night we had dinner and a lesson with a less active family we've been teaching. Super good family, it's neat to see the gospel change them. Then we got a call from a guy who just moved in to the stake and he said "Elders, my friend J. wants to meet with you!" Whoop whoop! So we set up an appointment for Saturday morn. Later that night we taught E. again.

Wednesday we had district meeting, our district now consists of elder Simmons and I and one other companionship. Smallest district ever... It's pretty weird. We taught G. who seems to be doing good. Then we had E.'s baptism interview which he passed with flyin colors. As everyone does haha. 

Thursday we had a brief zone intro meeting then taught C. and G., they're lookin good to get baptized on the 27th! Friday not a ton happened, we gave E. a blessing cuz he got sick. 

Saturday rocked. We taught J. in the morning, it went great. He has met with missionaries before and been to church a bunch, he just has been hesitant about getting baptized. So, we had him pray right then and there and ask God if he needs to get baptized and he got his answer. If everything logistically works out, he will get baptized on Saturday! Such a cool miracle. Then we went and got things ready for E.'s baptism, it was a great turn out. A ton of people came to support him! After that we went to Nielson's with E. and got lunch.

Sunday E. got confirmed a member and received the Holy Ghost, elder Simmons performed the confirmation and did an awesome job. Then we spoke in 7th ward and then went to a little dinner party E.'s roommate's family threw for him. Then we had a meeting, and went to dinner. Haha. 

The ball is now Rollin almost too fast to keep up, but we love it!

-Elder Ray

Erik (center) with Seth and Elder Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment