Full-time Missionary

Missionary in the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from August 2015 to August 2017

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Life's Good

April 10, 2017

Dear everyone,
I don't even know how to start... it was a great week as usual, it's interesting how much they all blur together with how fast everything is going. I can't remember a thing unless it's in my journal...

So Monday... isn't in my journal...

Tuesday we woke up early to set up for Zone Training Meeting. The meeting went super good. We had two ex-Zone leaders and our Sister Training Leader each give trainings, they were stellar. After the meeting we all made get well soon cards for our Mission President who just had back surgery on Thursday. After the meeting we had lunch then started exchanges with the Assistants to the President, whose area is in sandy. Always a blast. At about 8:45pm our car started making some crazy noise, so we checked the oil and... no oil... so we limped it to the mission office and filled it up, then made it home by about 10pm. Ha.

Wednesday elder Morris and I woke up and headed back to the mission office in Sandy to end Exchanges. The vehicle coordinator told us after we ended exchanges to take the car to big-o to get it checked out, which we did, and they told us to take it back to the mission office because it had a ton wrong with it. Moral of the story: don't buy a Chevy Cruz. So, the assistants found a companionship who had a car in a relatively small area and gave it to us. Later that day we taught B., an inactive man who is struggling hard core physically and mentally. His body is shutting down from chemo he had during cancer a few years ago, and he relapsed on alcohol. We gave him a blessing and then taught him for a while, and when we left we took about a gallon of rum from him. Haha.

Thursday we got our car back, then we spent all morning meeting with the district leaders individually to talk about their area, companionship, and districts. After that we had lunch then got to work for a while. We split after dinner and elder Rodriguez did a baptismal interview for an investigator of one of our district leaders, and I made some visits.

Friday we had weekly planning, then after lunch we took the box of get well soon cards to our mission president. He loved it! It was a bit weird to see him in his pjs in bed, but it was cool.

Saturday was a long day, we did so much... we took a companionship of sisters some chocolate concretes from Nielsons Frozen Custard to pick em up a bit. And to skip a ton of detail in the middle of the day, that night we taught G. and A., two unbaptized grandkids of a member in our stake, and picked them up as new investigators! They wanna be baptized asap, but we felt to put them on date for April 29th. Sweet!

Sunday morning president Bishop—a member of our mission presidency—came and shadowed us for a few hours. Him and his wife came to a Ward council and a sacrament meeting with us. The rest of the sabbath was pretty normal stuff.

And today was crazy as usual... we had another round of our Missions March Madness Teaching Tournament... and this afternoon we all got together as a Zone and played some ultimate frisbee! Life's good, the church is true. Remember, "And thus we see how merciful and just are all the dealings of the Lord, to the fulfilling of all his words unto the children of men; yea, we can behold that his words are verified, even at this time, which he spake unto Lehi, saying:
Blessed art thou and thy children; and they shall be blessed, inasmuch as they shall keep my commandments they shall prosper in the land. But remember, inasmuch as they will not keep my commandments they shall be cut off from the presence of the Lord." Alma 50:19-20

  Elder Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment